Ready to email someone for the first time – asking for something? Wish you had an email template and and some advice on the best way to send a cold email? Maybe a bunch of email templates or advice from someone who has been effective with it?
Well, this is the post for you.
If I were about to starting emailing people I didn’t know, I’d want to read ALL the posts linked in further down in this article in order to wrap my mind around the best approach, what to avoid and what to do to increase my odds of success.
A quick primer on what they will all tell you:
- Use a specific subject line.
- Be brief, clear, and with one ask.
- Be personable.
- Show that you know something about them.
- Don’t present yourself selfishly.
So here ya go. Dive in and create your own game plan by reading these links and picking out the elements best for you and your current needs for cold emails.
If you happen to be rushed and just want one good article to start off with, then I suggest you jump straight over to Dmitry’s exemplary post on cold email techniques that have worked.
Trust me, this isn’t just a link list of some posts about cold email blasting. In my opinion, the following posts represent the best curated sources of insight and advice on taking action in your cold email efforts.
- 26 COLD EMAIL TEMPLATES & RESOURCES WHICH GUARANTEE TO GET A RESPONSE by Dmitry at Criminally Prolific
- How to Email Busy People (Without Being Annoying) by Greg at Sparring Mind
- How Your Customers Actually Read Your Emails By Chris Hexton on Conversion XL
- The Real Emails I Send to Win Guest Bloggers (Like Buffer’s Kevan Lee) by Brian Sun
- COLD EMAIL STRATEGY TO LAND YOUR DREAM JOB WITH TOP INFLUENCERS by Sapph Li
- The cold emails that got me meetings at Twitter, LinkedIn and GitHub by Iris Shoor at Startup Moon
- How to Increase Responses from Link Requests (Classic Examples, Recommendations and a lot more) BY VENCHITO TAMPON
- 6 Ways to Get Me to Email You Back by Adam Grant author of Give and Take
- What I learned from Sending 1,000 Cold Emails by Shane Snow and Jon Youshaei
- How to Cold Email Prospects by Scott Britton
- How One Cold Email Landed Me A $15K Consulting Project by Marco Massaro
- 5 Tips for E-mailing Busy People by Tim Ferriss author of The Four Hour Work-Week
- The Cold Email Outreach Guide To Become Pro by Alex Chaidaroglou
- How To Cold Email For Success: Validating A Product With Example by Wilson Peng
- 5 Link Building Outreach Emails That Actually Work by Sapph Li
- Cold Emails that Land Dream Gigs wtih top Influencers – For Freelancers by Sapph Li
- How To Email Busy People by Jason Freedman
- The successful cold email: a step-by-step recipe by Josh Bernoff author of Groundswell
- One of the best cold emails I’ve EVER received by Noah Kagan of AppSumo
- What An Email Response From Rand Fishkin Taught Me About Influencer Outreach by Tim Soulo
- What Separates a “Good” Outreach Email from a “Great” One? by Rand Fishkin, CEO at MOZ.com
- What are best practices for sending “cold” sales emails? a Quora Post
- Cold calling / cold emails to execs for intros a Quora Post
- How to get someone you don’t know to help you. Hint: send a personal email. by Josh Bernoff author of Groundswell
- 7 Tricks to Write an Effective Cold Email by Kevin Gould
- 5 Cold Email Templates That Will Generate Warm Leads For Your Sales Team! by Steli Efti
- The Best Gold Email Pitch Ive Ever Gotten by Ginny Soskey
- 101 Email Templates