Blogging tips for better writing.
A quick (edited) list of things that bloggers are saying about how to write a good blog.
- Write Clickable Titles: Blog titles need to inform and drive you to click to read the story.
- Originality Wins: Be original with your ideas and when there is nothing original, write in your own voice.
- Problem Then Solution Then Result: Give the reader a chance to understand the situation and then the answers and the result of the answers.
- Don’t Write in CAPS: This looks like screaming with words so use caps sparingly.
- Teach Your Readers: Share your knowledge in a way others can learn from.
- Write with Conviction and Passion: Have energy behind your message and words.
- Understand the Writing Process: Sniff. Explore. Collect. Focus. Select. Order. Draft. Revise.
The original sources share a total of 80 useful writing tips, and I highly recommend you review their posts in full:
- Blogging is About Writing
- 50 Tools that can Improve your Writing Skills
- Writing Tool #50: The Writing Process